Being old and in poor health both physically and mentally (meeting current state office qualifications), I hereby announce my candidacy for governor of Kentucky, if said candidate is still alive and can function on behalf of all taxpaying citizens (surmounts current qualifications).
Further, such gubernatorial efforts shall be known as “Kentucky common citizen/common wealth campaign.” Initial platform planks are:
▪ Comprehensive tax reform.
▪ Separation of church and state.
▪ Repeal of all state laws that suppress or conflict with human and civil rights.
▪ Repeal of public/private partnership legislation as unlawful without public’s detail-informed consent.
▪ Disposal of state’s good-old-boy systems; appointment and election of women in numbers toward their proportionate population of 51 percent.
▪ Independent audit of statewide procedures and programs.
This is submitted for April Fool’s Day, with all implications thereof. However, campaign planks are serious for immediate citizen-coalition efforts to clean up and out state government.