Former University of Kentucky linebackers Danny Trevathan and Avery Williamson each finished as his respective team’s leading tackler.
Trevathan had a game-high 10 tackles Sunday in the Denver Broncos’ 27-20 defeat of the San Diego Chargers. Eight of those were solo and one was for a loss.
That performance gave him 110 tackles for the season. He also had two interceptions this season, including one on Dec. 6 against San Diego that he returned for his first NFL touchdown.
It is the second time in four seasons that Trevathan has reached the 100-tackle mark. He only played three games last season because of injuries.
Williamson made a game-high nine tackles in the Tennessee Titans’ 30-24 loss at Indianapolis. Eight of those were solo, which pushed his season total to 102.
Williamson also had 3 1/2 sacks and one interception this season.
Titans teammate and fellow ex-Cat Wesley Woodyard made four tackles Sunday to give him 87 overall. He also had five sacks and one fumble recovery this season.
▪ Keith Tandy (Christian County) made 11 tackles, including the first quarterback sack of his four-year career, in the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ 38-10 loss at Carolina. Tandy made the most of starting the Bucs’ last two games. He had 10 tackles in Week 16 after making 21 in the first 15 weeks of the season.
▪ Za’Darius Smith (UK) made two tackles, including sharing one sack, in the Baltimore Ravens’ 24-16 loss at Cincinnati. Smith finished with 30 tackles, including 5 1/2 sacks, in his rookie season.
Chris Matthews (UK) added four catches for 51 yards for the Ravens.
▪ DeVante Parker (Ballard, U of L) had five catches for 106 yards, including a 15-yard touchdown, in the Miami Dolphins’ 20-10 defeat of the New England Patriots. It was the rookie’s first 100-yard receiving game and the third TD of his career.
▪ Rookie Joshua Bellamy (U of L) caught his second TD pass of the season, a 34-yarder, in the Chicago Bears’ 24-20 loss to the Detroit Lions.
▪ William Gay (U of L) had three tackles and made one interception in the Pittsburgh Steelers’ 28-12 win at Cleveland. The veteran cornerback finished with 58 tackles, two interceptions and one sack.
Steelers rookie Bud Dupree (UK) made two tackles in Sunday’s win. He had 26 tackles, including four sacks, in his first season.
▪ Jacob Tamme (Boyle County, UK) had four catches for 61 yards in the Atlanta Falcons’ 20-17 loss to the New Orleans Saints. In his first season with the Falcons, Tamme had 59 catches for a career-high 657 yards and one touchdown.
It was Tamme’s most catches in a season since he made a career-high 67 for 631 yards in 2010 with the Colts.
Four former UK players — including Trevathan, Dupree and the Green Bay Packers’ Randall Cobb and Tim Masthay — will play in this year’s NFL postseason.