Did you miss any of our series looking at each position group for Kentucky football? You’re in luck because it’s all right here in one handy place for you to read. At the end of every position story is an in-depth look at each position group, including the top player, the supporting cast and that group’s outlook in 2018.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Linebackers: After struggling with the unexpected spotlight of having his name on NFL Draft boards and on TV constantly, Josh Allen says he’s ready for it this year. “Last year, I let the hype get to me.”
▪ Secondary: After so many injuries in the last few seasons, it took a while for safety Darius West to find his footing, but he’s coming on strong for his senior season and coaches think he’s ready for a big year.
▪ Defensive line: How Kentucky defensive lineman Phil Hoskins is beating the odds and trying to break into a much bigger role after two shoulder surgeries.
▪ Quarterbacks: Could junior college transfer Terry Wilson be the “X-factor” for Kentucky’s offense.
▪ Tight ends: Tight end Justin Rigg has suffered a lacerated kidney and a lacerated spleen, but he’s back to 100 percent and ready to show what he can do this season.
Not only has he earned a scholarship this fall camp, David Bouvier has earned praise asone of Kentucky’s top performers
. The former Lexington Catholic star is ready to have an impact this season.
▪ Offensive line: Former Lafayette star Landon Young is becoming a campus “legend” and it has nothing to do with football.
▪ Running backs: What motivates Kentucky’s Benny Snell to run so hard, to angrily plow through a defensive line? When the junior gets in that zone, “He’d run over his own mother,” Snell’s high school coach offered.
▪ Kickers: Games have been uncomfortably close in the Mark Stoops era and has made having a consistent kicker important. That player, Austin MacGinnis, is graduated, and now UK is looking for ways to replace him. And a look at some of the other special teams positions, too.