Notes and numbers from Kentucky’s 17-10 win over South Carolina:
▪ This was the first win for Mark Stoops at Kentucky when trailing at the half. The Cats were 0-23 when trailing at halftime under the coach before Saturday.
▪ It was Kentucky’s first win when trailing at the half since Sept. 10, 2011 under Joke Phillips. UK trailed 13-6 that day and won 27-13. Kentucky had lost 39 straight games when trailing at the half before Saturday.
▪ Kentucky has won three straight over South Carolina for the first time in the history of the series.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Lexington Herald-Leader
▪ South Carolina’s 91 rushing yards the fewest against a UK defense since Louisville’s rushing yards on Nov. 29, 2014.
▪ Kentucky had given up at least 100 yards rushing in 15 consecutive games before Saturday. The Cats had allowed 200-or-more rushing yards in seven of its last nine games.
▪ The Gamecocks’ 268 total yards were the fewest against a UK defense since Florida gained just 245 yards on Sept. 9 last season. Florida won that game 14-9.
▪ Kentucky entered the game 127th out of 128 FBS teams in third down defense, allowing conversions 58 percent of the time. South Carolina converted just three of 13 third downs for just 23 percent.
▪ The Gamecocks were one-of-seven on third down in the second half.
▪ Boom Williams rushed for 123 yards, his 10th 100-yard game at Kentucky and his second straight.
▪ Over the last two games, Williams has rushed for 304 yards on just 33 carries, an average of 9.2 yards per carry.
▪ In four games this season, Williams has 15 runs of double-digit yardage. He has six runs of 20-or-more yards and two of 40-or-more.
▪ UK’s 351 total yards is the fewest in a winning effort since beating Tennessee on Nov. 26, 2011. That was the Matt Roark Game. Kentucky gained just 217 yards that day, but won 10-7.
▪ Kentucky ran the football 72 percent of the time, its highest run ratio (50 rushes compared to 19 passes) in the Stoops Era. It was the highest ratio by the Cats since the Nov. 17, 2012 win over Samford under Joker Phillips when Kentucky ran it 81 percent of the time -- 60 rushes compared to 19 passes.
▪ The previous high run ratio under Stoops was 68 percent in the 45-7 loss at Florida this season. UK ran the ball 34 times that afternoon compared to just 14 pass attempts.
▪ Quarterback Stephen Johnson completed 11 of 19 passes for 135 yards with one interception. In his last two games, Johnson has completed 28 of 41 passes for 445 yards with three touchdowns and one pick. That’s a 68.3 completion percentage.
Kentucky football 2016 schedule and results
New Mexico St