Playing its third game in six days, Kentucky basketball plays host to Tennessee State on Friday at 7 p.m. in Rupp Arena. The SEC Network has the telecast.
▪ Officials: Don Daily, Patrick Evans and Rob Rorke.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Kentucky is No. 16 in the latest Ken Pomeroy ratings. Tennessee State is No. 286.
▪ UK is 4-1 having won four straight since the opening-night loss to Duke. Tennessee State is 2-3 with wins over Carver Bible College and Fisk.
▪ In UK’s last two games, opponents have made 32 of 66 three-point attempts for 48.4 percent. VMI was 19-of-38 from three. Winthrop made 13 of 28 three-pointers.
▪ His last three games, UK’s PJ Washington has scored 63 points and grabbed 36 rebounds. He’s coming off back-to-back doubles against VMI (19 points, 18 rebounds) and Winthrop (19 points, 11 rebounds).
▪ Donte Fitzpatrick-Dorsey is TSU’s leading scorer, averaging 15 points per game. He’s a 6-foot-4 transfer from Ole Miss. As a Rebel, he played five minutes and did not score in 2016-17. He played 11 minutes and did not score against UK as a freshman at Ole Miss in 2015-16.
▪ Kentucky starters: Keldon Johnson, Nick Richards, Immanuel Quickley, Tyler Herro and PJ Washington.
▪ Tennessee State starters: Armani Chaney, Emmanuel Egbuta, Donte Fitzpatrick-Dorsey, Kamar McKnight and Stokley Chaffee.
▪ After committing 19 turnovers against Winthrop, UK commits a first turnover on its first possession.
▪ Tennessee State up 9-5 at 15:09 first TV time. Cats have committed three turnovers and are 0-for-3 from three.
▪ Kentucky went from the 17:50 mark to the 14:06 mark without a point.
▪ TSU up 12-8 at the 11:51 TV time. Cats are 3-of-10 from the field and have missed all five of their three-point heaves.
▪ UK has forced a pair of Tennessee State shot clock violations.
▪ Reid Travis has twice been stripped while going up for a shot.
▪ Kentucky has missed its first eight three-point attempts.
▪ UK took the lead 15-14 on a Herro three at the 8:59 mark.
▪ On a 9-0 run, UK now up 19-14 on Tennessee State at 7:55 1H TV time.
▪ Points in the paint: Tennessee State 10, Kentucky 2.
▪ Tennessee State cuts UK lead to 21-19 and Calipari calls time at the 7:09 mark. Cats shooting 29.4 percent.
▪ Kentucky leads 26-22 at the 3:53 TV time
▪ Cats are 6-of-22 from the floor for 27.3 percent. They are 1-of-10 from three for 10 percent.
▪ Keldon Johnson missed a dunk off a drive. Pretty much sums up UK’s night on offense.
▪ Cats do manage a mini 5-0 run and TSU calls time with 1:48 left in the half. Kentucky leads 30-22.
▪ Halftime: Kentucky 35, Tennessee State 27
▪ Kentucky was a chilly 9-of-27 from the floor, including a frigid 1-of-10 from three.
▪ Reid Travis starts the second half and scores the first five points.
▪ Kentucky leads 47-32 with 15:36 left in the second half. After shooting poorly in first half, Cats are three-of-six from the floor so far in the second half.
▪ Keldon Johnson leads UK with 11 points.
▪ UK has made 21 of 25 free throws. Johnson is 9-of-10 the foul line.
▪ Cats up 52-34. Kentucky scored six straight possessions before a Quickley walk.
▪ Tennessee State cuts it to 52-38 with 13:12 left, so Calipari asks for time. UK has committed back-to-back turnovers.
▪ Kentucky up 56-42 on Tennessee State at the 11:43 TV time. Keldon Johnson has 16 points. He’s 10-of-12 from foul line.
▪ Kentucky’s lead is 66-48 with 7:27 remaining. Keldon Johnson now up to 22 points.
▪ TSU now within 70-56 with 5:07 left at Rupp.
▪ The Tigers pulled within 11 at 70-59.
▪ Kentucky has pushed lead back out to 73-59 with 3:06 left. Keldon Johnson with season-high 25.
▪ Nick Richards picked up a technical foul with 2:02 left.
▪ Final: Kentucky 77, Tennessee State 62