After its Saturday loss at Northern Iowa, North Carolina is back in action Monday night to face Northwestern in the CBE Hall of Fame Classic at the Sprint Center in Kansas City. Northwestern, coached by former Duke assistant Chris Collins, is off to a 3-0 start. North Carolina, which will no doubt fall from the top spot in the AP rankings, is 2-1.
There are a couple of Monday games that may interest Kentucky fans, starting with LSU playing Marquette in the FanDuel Legends Classic in Brooklyn. ESPN2 has the 7 p.m. telecast. LSU's Ben Simmons is already living up to the hype for the 3-0 Tigers.
Then at 11:30 p.m. on ESPN2, UCLA takes on UNLV in the Maui Classic. Kentucky plays UCLA a week from Thursday at Pauley Pavilion. The Bruins have started 2-1, the lone loss coming to Monmouth 84-81 in the season opener. UCLA beat Pepperdine 81-67 last time out.
Vanderbilt is also in Maui. The Commodores play St. John's at 2:30 p.m. on ESPN2 in the tournament opener. Indiana, Wake Forest, Kansas and Chaminade round out this year's Maui field.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Here is the list of college basketball games on television for Monday.
Monday, Nov. 23
▪ 2:30 - St. John's vs. Vanderbilt (ESPN2)
▪ 5:00 - Wake Forest vs. Indiana (ESPN2)
▪ 7:00 - LSU vs. Marquette (ESPN2)
▪ 7:00 - Missouri vs. Kansas State (ESPNU)
▪ 7:00 - Eastern Michigan at Michigan State (Big 10)
▪ 8:30 - UT-Arlington at Memphis (ESPN News)
▪ 9:00 - Kansas vs. Chaminade (ESPNU)
▪ 9:30 - Northwestern vs. North Carolina (ESPN2)
▪ 11:30 - UNLV vs. UCLA (ESPN2)