Conference titles are on the line Saturday with the American Athletic, ACC, Conference-USA, Mountain West, SEC, Big 10 and Pac-12 all holding title games.
As far as the College Football Playoff is concerned, No. 1-ranked and unbeaten Clemson meets one-loss North Carolina in the ACC title game. A North Carolina win would definitely upset the apple cart.
No. 2 Alabama takes on Florida in the SEC title game. The Crimson Tide shouldn't have too much trouble with the offensively-challenged Gators. No. 4 Iowa meets No. 5 Michigan State in the Big 10 title game, with the winner all but guaranteed a CFP semifinal spot.
Meanwhile, Western Kentucky plays Southern Miss in the C-USA title game.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Lexington Herald-Leader
Here’s the schedule of televised games for Saturday:
▪ 12:00 - AAC Championship: Temple vs. Houston (ABC)
▪ 12:00 - Texas at Baylor (ESPN)
▪ 12:00 - C-USA Championship: Southern Miss vs. Western Kentucky (ESPN2)
▪ 4:00 - SEC Championship: Florida vs. Alabama (CBS)
▪ 4:30 - West Virginia at Kansas State (Fox Sports 1)
▪ 7:30 - Mountain West Championship: Air Force vs. San Diego State (ESPN2)
▪ 7:45 - Pac-12 Championship: USC vs. Stanford (ESPN)
▪ 8:00 - Big 10 Championship: Michigan State vs. Iowa (Fox)
▪ 8:00 - ACC Championship: North Carolina vs. Clemson (ABC)
College football playoff rankings
- 1. Clemson
- 2. Alabama
- 3. Oklahoma
- 4. Iowa
- 5. Michigan State
- 6. Ohio State
- 7. Stanford
- 8. Notre Dame
- 9. Florida State
- 10. North Carolina
- 11. TCU
- 12. Baylor
- 13. Ole Miss
- 14. Northwestern
- 15. Michigan