Big Blue Links for Thursday:
▪ Kentucky basketball has a high ceiling, but a long way to go reach it, says my column from UK’s 88-67 win over Eastern Kentucky on Wednesday night.
▪ Alex Poythress leads the way with 21 points and 13 rebounds in UK’s win, reports Jerry Tipton of the Herald-Leader.
▪ Herald-Leader photo gallery from No. 5 Kentucky’s win over visiting Eastern Kentucky.
▪ Janee Thompson becoming Kentucky women basketball’s big shot, reports Jennifer Smith of the Herald-Leader. UK plays host to Louisville on Thursday night.
▪ Alyssa Rice is back from a foot injury for UK women, reports Smith of the H-L.
▪ Kentucky uses 15-2 run to pull away from Colonels, reports Bob Flynn of the Richmond Register.
▪ Kentucky out to prove its tough enough, reports Kyle Tucker of the Courier-Journal.
▪ Some quick takeaways from Kentucky’s 21-point win, by Eric Crawford of WDRB.
▪ Airman surprises family during UK basketball game, reports Nation of Blue.
▪ Poythress is near-perfect as UK gets back on track with win over Colonels, reports Keith Taylor of KyForward.
▪ Calipari eager for Tai Wynyard to arrive, writes Jason Marcum of Sea of Blue.
▪ Despite win, Cats still a ways away, reports Jordan Ondrof of the Kentucky Kernel.
▪ Marcus Lee makes a good return after his injury in UCLA game, reports Alex Forkner of the Cats Pause.
▪ Patrick Towles out to reach NFL dream after transfer, reports Courier-Journal.
▪ Debbie Yow has fond memories of UK and Joe B. Hall, writes Jamie Vaught of KyForward.
▪ UK basketball season statistics through nine games.
▪ UK basketball individual game-by-game stats in a Google Doc.
SEC links for Thursday:
▪ Damien Harris patiently waiting his turn at Alabama, reports Ben Jones of Tidesports.com.
▪ Vanderbilt loses Luke Kornet, then game to Dayton, reports Adam Sparks of the Tennessean.
▪ Missouri basketball picks up its third straight win, reports Tod Palmer of the Kansas City Sar.
▪ Florida’s Jim McElwain chosen SEC Coach of the Year, reports Robbie Andreu of the Gainesville Sun.
▪ Texas A&M’s Christian Kirk named SEC Freshman of the Year, reports Bryan/College Station Eagle.
▪ Auburn sells out initial ticket allotment to Birmingham Bowl, reports Brandon Marcello of AL.com.
▪ Auburn football’s coaching budget for assistants was second-highest in the country, reports Mike Niziolek of the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer.
▪ LSU’s coaches were highest-paid, reports Ross Dellenger of The Advocate.
▪ Bigger lineup paying off for Ole Miss basketball, reports Daniel Pauling of the Clarion-Ledger.
▪ Kirby Smart has a plan for Georgia football, reports Marc Weiszer of the Athens Banner-Herald.
▪ Recruiting efforts heat up in Muschamp’s first week at South Carolina, reports The State.
▪ Is different offensive approach the key for Muschamp at South Carolina? asks David Caraviello of the Charleston Post and Courier.