No. 11 North Carolina and No. 19 Louisville are in action as part of the college basketball television schedule for Wednesday night. Kentucky fans, however, might want to check out the Cats’ Saturday opponent.
Ohio State plays host to Northern Illinois at 7 p.m. on the Big 10 Network. The Buckeyes play UK on Saturday in the CBS Sports Classic in Brooklyn. Ohio State is just 4-5. Northern Illinois is 7-1.
Coming off an 84-82 loss at Texas last Saturday, North Carolina plays host to Tulane at 7 p.m. on ESPN2. Tulane is 6-4 on the season. The Tar Heels are 7-2, but 4-0 at home. Their other loss came at Northern Iowa.
Louisville plays host to 3-8 Kennesaw State at 7:00 on ESPNU. The Cardinals are 7-1 on the year with the lone loss coming at now No. 1-ranked Michigan State.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Louisville plays host to Western Kentucky on Saturday before playing Missouri-Kansas City and Utah Valley State (coached by ex-UK forward Mark Pope) next week in preparation for the Dec. 26 game at Kentucky.
Here’s the list of college basketball games on television Wednesday night:
Wednesday, Dec. 16
▪ 7:00 - Gardner-Webb at LSU (SEC)
▪ 7:00 - Tulane at North Carolina (ESPN2)
▪ 7:00 - Kennesaw State at Louisville (ESPNU)
▪ 7:00 - Northern Illinois at Ohio State (Big 10)
▪ 8:00 - South Dakota State at Texas Tech (Fox Sports South)
▪ 8:00 - Hardin-Simmons at Baylor (Fox Sports Ohio)
▪ 9:00 - Mississippi State at Florida State (ESPN2)
▪ 9:00 - Winthrop at Alabama (SEC)
▪ 10:00 - Arizona State at UNLV (CBS Sports)