Big Blue Links for Sunday:
▪ Kentucky’s win over Louisville hit all the right notes, says my column.
▪ No energy shortage as UK outlasts U of L, reports Jerry Tipton of the Herald-Leader.
▪ Damion Lee kept the Cards in it, reports Ben Roberts of the Herald-Leader.
▪ Dominique Hawkins lives his boyhood dream, writes Mark Story of the Herald-Leader.
▪ Herald-Leader photo gallery from UK-U of L.
▪ Veterans come to the rescue for the Cats, writes Kyle Tucker of the Courier-Journal.
▪ Did Kentucky snap its shooting slump on Saturday? asks Jon Hale of the C-J.
▪ Louisville fights but doesn’t finish, reports Jeff Greer of the Courier-Journal.
▪ Damion Lee steps up, but misfires at the end, reports Tim Sullivan of the C-J.
▪ Donovan Mitchell shines for the Cards, reports the Courier-Journal.
▪ Veterans show freshmen how it’s done, writes Dick Gabriel for WKYT.
▪ Fan says Pitino did show fans the bird, reports Vaught’s Views.
▪ Kentucky building toward March in win over Louisville, writes Josh Ellis of the Kentucky Kernel.
▪ Despite finger-gate, Cards had positives at Kentucky, writes Eric Crawford of WDRB.
▪ Calipari tops Pitino again, on the court and in Miss Manners competition, writes Rick Bozich of WDRB.
▪ Kentucky finds a way to beat Louisville yet again, writes Derek Terry of Cats Illustrated.
▪ Hawkins was a hero, writes T.J. Walker of Cats Illustrated.
▪ Kentucky hangs on to beat the Cards, reports Alex Forkner of the Cats Pause.
▪ Hawkins joins a unique in-state club, writes Darrell Bird of the Cats Pause.
▪ Lee goes for the kill but comes up short, reports Russ Brown of KyForward.
▪ Hawkins steps up on the big stage, reports Keith Taylor of KyForward.
▪ Calipari shows he’s a strategist in recruiter’s clothes, writes Mike DeCourcy of the Sporting News.
▪ Pitino shows his ugly side after loss, writes Pat Forde of Yahoo Sports.
▪ Kentucky survives a close call against Louisville, reports Joe Depaolo of the New York Times.
▪ Videos of Louisville players talking about the loss, from Nation of Blue.
▪ Kentucky basketball fans can relax, writes Reid Forgrave of Fox Sports.
▪ Veterans were vital for Kentucky in win, writes Kerry Miller of Bleacher Report.
▪ Takeaways from the Kentucky win, from Jason Marcum of Sea of Blue.
▪ Tyler Ulis named game’s MVP, reports All Ky Hoops.
▪ Tyler Ulis creates an exclusive club, reports Nick Roush of KSR.
▪ Karl-Anthony Towns trolls teammate after UK win, reports USA Today.
▪ Kentucky is led by the unexpected, writes Shelby Caudill of Wildcat Blue Nation.
Kentucky men’s basketball next five games
- Jan. 2 Ole Miss (7:00/SEC)
- Jan. 5 @LSU (9:00/ESPN)
- Jan. 9 @Alabama (6:00/SEC)
- Jan. 12 Mississippi State (7:00/ESPN or SEC)
- Jan. 16 @Auburn (4:00/ESPN or ESPN2)