Now that the bowl games are all but over, there’s a loaded slate of college hoops on television for your Saturday enjoyment.
At 1 p.m. on Fox Sports 1, No. 6 Xavier and No. 9 Butler will try to rebound from Thursday losses. Xavier was drilled by 31 points at Villanova. Butler lost at home to Providence.
At 3 p.m. on the CBS Sports Network, Morehead State travels to Murray State in a key, early OVC matchup. Morehead is 6-6. Murray is 6-7.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Lexington Herald-Leader
At 4 p.m. on CBS, No. 2 Kansas plays host to No. 23 Baylor. The host Jayhawks are 11-1 overall with their only loss being to Michigan State in the Champions Classic way back on Nov. 17.
At 6 p.m. on the Big 10 Network, No. 14 Purdue plays host to an Iowa team that just handed No. 1-ranked Michigan State its first loss of the season. Butler is the only team to have beaten Purdue, which brings a 13-1 record into the game with the 10-3 Hawkeyes.
At 7 p.m. on ESPN2, No. 3 Oklahoma plays host to No. 11 Iowa State in a key Big 12 battle. Oklahoma is unbeaten at 11-0 and No. 1 in Ken Pomeroy’s rankings.
At 8 p.m. on the Big 10 Network, No. 4 Maryland plays at a dangerous 13-1 Northwestern coached by former Duke assistant Chris Collins. Northwestern's lone loss was to North Carolina in November. The Wildcats won 81-72 at Nebraska to open Big 10 play.
Here is the full list of college basketball games on television Saturday:
Saturday, Jan. 2
▪ 11:00 - DePaul at Seton Hall (Fox Sports 1)
▪ 12:00 - West Virginia at Kansas State (ESPNU)
▪ 12:00 - Houston at Temple (ESPN News)
▪ 12:00 - Penn State at Michigan (Big 10)
▪ 12:30 - Saint Joseph’s at Richmond (NBC Sports)
▪ 12:30 - Florida State at Clemson (Fox Sports South)
▪ 1:00 - Butler at Xavier (Fox Sports 1)
▪ 2:00 - Tennessee at Auburn (CBS)
▪ 2:00 - Norfolk State at Alabama (SEC)
▪ 2:00 - Texas at Texas Tech (ESPNU)
▪ 2:00 - Rutgers at Wisconsin (Big 10)
▪ 2:00 - North Carolina State at Virginia Tech (Fox Sports South)
▪ 2:30 - Dayton at Duquesne (NBC Sports)
▪ 3:00 - Michigan State at Minnesota (ESPN2)
▪ 3:00 - Morehead State at Murray State (CBS Sports)
▪ 3:30 - St. John’s at Providence (Fox Sports 1)
▪ 4:00 - TCU at Oklahoma State (ESPN News)
▪ 4:00 - Baylor at Kansas (CBS)
▪ 4:00 - Tulsa at Cincinnati (ESPNU)
▪ 4:00 - Indiana at Nebraska (Big 10)
▪ 4:30 - Arkansas at Texas A&M (SEC)
▪ 4:30 - Saint Louis at Rhode Island (NBC Sports)
▪ 4:30 - Duke at Boston College (Fox Sports South)
▪ 5:00 - Notre Dame at Virginia (ESPN2)
▪ 5:00 - George Mason at VCU (CBS Sports)
▪ 5:30 - Marquette at Georgetown (Fox Sports 1)
▪ 6:00 - Memphis at South Carolina (ESPNU)
▪ 6:00 - Iowa at Purdue (Big 10)
▪ 7:00 - Ole Miss at Kentucky (SEC)
▪ 7:00 - Iowa State at Oklahoma (ESPN2)
▪ 7:30 - Connecticut at Tulane (CBS Sports)
▪ 7:30 - South Florida at SMU (ESPN News)
▪ 8:00 - Georgia at Florida (ESPNU)
▪ 8:00 - Maryland at Northwestern (Big 10)
▪ 9:00 - LSU at Vanderbilt (ESPN2)
▪ 9:30 - New Mexico at Fresno State (CBS Sports)
▪ 10:00 - San Diego State at Utah State (ESPNU)
▪ 10:00 - Villanova at Creighton (Fox Sports 1)
▪ 11:00 - Gonzaga at San Francisco (ESPN2)
Ole Miss at Kentucky
When: 7 p.m. Saturday
Where: Rupp Arena
Television: SEC Network with Matt Stewart, John Pelphrey and Jill Montgomery
Radio: UK Radio Network with Tom Leach, Mike Pratt and Matt Jones