Big Blue Links for Sunday:
▪ Tyler Ulis helps Kentucky beat Ole Miss 83-61, reports Jerry Tipton of the Herald-Leader.
▪ Kentucky basketball turns “Camp Cal” into a Rupp Arena clinic, says my column.
▪ Ben Simmons scores 36 points and grabs 14 rebounds in LSU win, reports Sheldon Mickles of The Advocate.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Lexington Herald-Leader
▪ Small step a big deal for Skal Labissiere, reports the Courier-Journal.
▪ Assertive Tyler Ulis sparks Kentucky, writes Tim Sullivan of the Courier-Journal.
▪ Ulis makes his point about being SEC’s best guard, writes Rick Bozich of WDRB.
▪ Andy Kennedy heaps praise on Ulis, reports Larry Vaught of Vaught’s Views.
▪ Ulis’ defense steals the show, writes Keith Taylor of KyForward.
▪ Cats roll over the Rebels, reports Derek Terry of Cats Illustrated.
▪ Kentucky makes an impression in SEC opener, writes Alex Forkner of the Cats Pause.
▪ In 2016, can UK fun and get in on the fun WKU and Louisville is having? asks Mark Story of the Herald-Leader.
▪ Kentucky’s Makayla Epps is finding her voice this season, writes Jennifer Smith of the Herald-Leader.
▪ With Trey Lewis likely out, Louisville takes on Wake Forest, reports Eric Crawford of WDRB.
▪ Louisville opens ACC play against spunky Wake Forest, reports Jeff Greer of the C-J.
▪ Georgia holds on to beat Penn State in Taxslayer Bowl, reports Jason Butt of the Macon Telegraph.
▪ Arkansas shows signs of things to come in win over Kansas State, reports Eric Bolin of the Arkansas News.
▪ Auburn basketball beats visiting Tennessee, reports John Zenor of AP.
▪ Texas A&M rips Arkansas in SEC opener, reports Richard Croome of the Bryan/College Station Eagle.