ESPNU gives you the chance Thursday night to put together your own scouting report on Kentucky's next opponent as Alabama travels to Ole Miss for a 9:00 tip.
It’s a big night for Ole Miss, which opens up its new basketball arena, named “The Pavilion at Ole Miss.” Andy Kennedy's team will be trying to bounce back from last Saturday's 83-61 loss at Kentucky.
Meanwhile, this is the SEC opener for Alabama, which is 9-3 overall. First-year coach Avery Johnson's team has lost at Dayton, to Xavier and to Oregon. Dayton and Xavier are both currently ranked.
Louisville takes to the road in ACC play to take on North Carolina State in Raleigh. That's a 7 p.m. game on ESPN2. Rick Pitino’s team opened its conference schedule with a win over Wake Forest on Sunday night.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Lexington Herald-Leader
Here’s the list of college basketball games on television Thursday:
Thursday, Jan. 7
▪ 7:00 - Cincinnati at SMU (ESPN)
▪ 7:00 - Michigan at Purdue (ESPNU)
▪ 7:00 - Louisville at North Carolina State (ESPN2)
▪ 7:00 - Bryant at Wagner (CBS Sports)
▪ 7:00 - Notre Dame at Boston College (Fox Sports South)
▪ 9:00 - Alabama at Ole Miss (ESPNU)
▪ 9:00 - Illinois at Michigan State (ESPN)
▪ 9:00 - Old Dominion at Louisiana Tech (CBS Sports)
▪ 11:00 - Santa Clara at BYU (ESPNU)
How Top 25 fared Wednesday
- No. 3 Maryland beat Rutgers 88-63
- No. 10 Xavier beat St. John's 74-66
- No. 11 Villanova beat Seton Hall 72-63
- No. 13 Iowa State beat Texas Tech 76-69
- No. 14 Duke beat Wake Forest 91-75
- No. 21 Texas A&M beat Mississippi State 61-60
- No. 24 Pittsburgh beat Georgia Tech 89-84
- No. 25 Dayton beat UMass 93-63