Ranked No. 1 in the AP poll for the first time since 1990, Oklahoma takes its new label to Ames, Iowa for a Big 12 matchup with No 19 Iowa State, 9 p.m. on ESPN.
The host Cylcones have had a rough go of it lately, losing three of their last five. After back-to-back losses to visiting Baylor (94-89) and on the road to Texas (94-91 in overtime), Steve Prohm’s team did knock off Kansas State 76-63 in Manhattan on Saturday.
Oklahoma, Kansas, West Virginia and Baylor are tied atop the Big 12 at 4-1. Iowa State is 2-3, behind 3-2 Texas.
Here is the list of college basketball games on television for Monday night:
Monday, Jan. 19
▪ 7:00 - Syracuse at Duke (ESPN)
▪ 7:00 - Purdue at Rutgers (Big 10)
▪ 7:30 - Loyola (MD) at Boston University (CBS Sports)
▪ 9:00 - Oklahoma at Iowa State (ESPN)
▪ 9:00 - Hampton at North Carolina Central (ESPNU)
Ken Pomeroy’s Top 10 defensive teams
- 1. Louisville
- 2. West Virginia
- 3. Valparaiso
- 4. Villanova
- 5. Purdue
- 6. Florida
- 7. San Diego State
- 8. Xavier
- 9 Kansas
- 10. Oklahoma