Some notes from UK’s 89-62 win at South Carolina:
▪ Over its last three games, Kentucky has made 33 of 66 three-pointers for 50 percent. The Cats were 12-of-20 against Florida, 10-of-21 against Georgia and 11-of-25 at South Carolina.
▪ UK averaged 1.237 points per possession, its third straight game of topping the 1.2 mark. The Cats averaged 1.257 against Florida and 1.292 against Georgia.
▪ Tyler Ulis scored a career-high 27 points and dished a career-high 12 assists. Over his last three games, Ulis has 31 assists and three turnovers.
▪ Jamal Murray scored 26 points and now has scored 106 points over his last four games, an average of 26.5 per game.
▪ Murray made four of 11 three-point shots. He's 18-of-31 from three-point range over his last three games.
▪ Marcus Lee had 11 points and a career-high 13 rebounds for his third double-double of the season. Lee had 10 points and 10 rebounds against Duke. He had 13 points and 12 rebounds against Illinois State.
▪ South Carolina won the boards, but just by one, 39-38. South Carolina's offensive rebound percentage was 40.0. Kentucky's was 37.8.
▪ Kentucky forced 16 turnovers. The Gamecocks turned it over on 22.8 percent of their possessions. Georgia turned it over on 24.3 percent of its possessions on Saturday. For some context, UK turned Tennessee over on just 12.1 percent of the Vols' possessions in its loss at UT on Feb. 2.
▪ Isaiah Briscoe committed five turnovers, his most since committing five against Illinois State on Nov. 30.
▪ Derek Willis made three of four three-point shots. Over his last four games, Willis has made 10 of 23 three-point shots.
▪ Because of foul trouble, Willis played just 18 minutes. That's his least amount of time on the floor since playing just 11 minutes against Mississippi State on Jan. 12.
▪ The 27-point margin was not UK's largest at South Carolina. The Cats beat the Gamecocks 86-52 in Columbia on Feb. 4, 2012.
▪ Calipari has been ejected from two of his last three trips to Colonial Life Arena. He was not ejected last year in Kentucky’s 58-43 win in Columbia.
▪ On March 1, 2014, Calipari was ejected with 10:53 to go in the second half. UK trailed 51-39 at the time. The Cats rallied to within one point at 68-67 before losing 72-67.
▪ Saturday, Calipari was ejected just 2:26 into the game by Doug Sirmons, who hit the UK coach with two technical fouls.
▪ By the way, Sirmons worked the Final Four last year.