Four SEC games and a couple of interesting Big 12 games highlight the college basketball schedule of games on television for Tuesday night.
In the Big 12, No. 10 West Virginia travels to No. 24 Texas at 7 p.m. on ESPN2. The visiting Mountaineers are attempting to avenge a home 56-49 loss to Texas on Jan. 20. West Virginia is currently second in the conference with a 9-3 record. Kansas leads at 10-3. Meanwhile, Texas has lost its last two -- 63-60 at Oklahoma and 85-75 at Iowa State.
Speaking of Iowa State, the No. 13 Cyclones are at No. 25 Baylor for a 9 p.m. game on ESPN2. Both teams are tied for fourth at 7-5 in the conference race. Baylor lost 84-66 to visiting Texas Tech last Saturday.
As for the SEC, a reeling Texas A&M plays host to Ole Miss at 9 p.m. on ESPNU. After beating Iowa State in the SEC/Big 12 Challenge on Jan. 30, the Aggies have dropped four straight conference games to fall to 7-5 in the league. Texas A&M plays host to ESPN’s College GameDay and Kentucky on Saturday.
A couple of teams trying to play their way into the NCAA Tournament meet at 9 p.m. on ESPN. Visiting Florida is 16-9 overall and 7-5 in the SEC. Host Georgia is 14-9 overall and 7-5 in the SEC. Florida is 32nd in the current RPI. Georgia is 65th. Florida handled Georgia 77-63 in Gainesville back on Jan. 2.
Here’s the list of college basketball games on television for Tuesday:
Tuesday, Feb. 16
▪ 7:00 - South Carolina at Missouri (SEC)
▪ 7:00 - West Virginia at Texas (ESPN2)
▪ 7:00 - Wake Forest at Pittsburgh (ESPNU)
▪ 7:00 - Michigan at Ohio State (ESPN)
▪ 7:00 - Northwestern at Purdue (Big 10)
▪ 7:30 - Creighton at Butler (Fox Sports 1)
▪ 7:30 - Rhode Island at VCU (CBS Sports)
▪ 8:00 - Kansas State at TCU (ESPN News)
▪ 9:00 - Florida at Georgia (ESPN)
▪ 9:00 - Ole Miss at Texas A&M (ESPNU)
▪ 9:00 - Vanderbilt at Mississippi State (SEC)
▪ 9:00 - Iowa State at Baylor (ESPN2)
▪ 9:00 - Rutgers at Illinois (Big 10)
▪ 9:30 - UNLV at Air Force (CBS Sports)
How Top 25 fared Monday
- No. 2 Kansas beat Oklahoma State 94-67
- No. 7 Virginia beat North Carolina State 73-53