The familiar Tuesday night ESPN team of Brad Nessler, Sean Farnham and Shannon Spake will be in Lexington for the 7 p.m. Alabama at Kentucky game, the opener for the network’s Super Tuesday doubleheader.
No. 6 Michigan State is at Ohio State in the Super Tuesday nightcap. Ohio State, which beat UK back in December, has won four straight, knocking off Northwestern, Rutgers, Michigan and Nebraska. The Buckeyes are 10-5 in Big 10 play but just 18-10 overall and a win over the Spartans would boost OSU’s resume.
Michigan State is No. 16 in the RPI, compared to Ohio State’s No. 74 rating. Michigan State is just 9-5 in the Big 10, however, two-and-a-half games behind conference leader Indiana (12-3). Iowa is second in the league standings at 11-3. Maryland is third at 11-4.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
In an important SEC game, Vanderbilt is at Florida at 7 p.m. on the SEC Network. Both teams are 8-6 in league play. Florida is 17-10 overall. Vanderbilt is 16-11. Vandy has won three of its last four, including an 80-67 win over Georgia on Saturday. Florida has lost three of its last five, including a 73-69 overtime decision at South Carolina on Saturday.
Vanderbilt and Florida happen to be UK’s next two opponents, after Tuesday night. Kentucky travels to Vanderbilt on Saturday, then on to Florida on Tuesday.
Here’s the full list of college basketball games on television Tuesday:
Tuesday, Feb. 23
▪ 6:00 - Georgia State at Georgia Southern (ESPN2)
▪ 6:00 - Rhode Island at Davidson (CBS Sports)
▪ 7:00 - Alabama at Kentucky (ESPN)
▪ 7:00 - LSU at Arkansas (ESPNU)
▪ 7:00 - Vanderbilt at Florida (SEC)
▪ 7:00 - Temple at Tulane (ESPN News)
▪ 7:00 - Rutgers at Minnesota (Big 10)
▪ 8:00 - Kansas at Baylor (ESPN2)
▪ 8:00 - Dayton at Saint Louis (CBS Sports)
▪ 9:00 - Missouri at Ole Miss (SEC)
▪ 9:00 - TCU at Texas Tech (ESPN News)
▪ 9:00 - Virginia Tech at Boston College (ESPNU_
▪ 9:00 - Michigan State at Ohio State (ESPN)
▪ 10:00 - New Mexico at Colorado State (CBS Sports)
▪ 11:00 - UNLV at Boise State (ESPNU)
How Top 25 fared Monday
- No. 3 Virginia lost to No. 12 Miami 64-61
- No. 14 West Virginia beat No. 17 Iowa State 97-87
- No. 25 Texas beat Kansas State 71-70