The Super Tuesday team will be in Gainesville, Fla., on Tuesday night, but it has nothing to do with politics.
ESPN’s Super Tuesday broadcast crew of Brad Nessler, Sean Farnham and Shannon Spake will be at the O-Dome when No. 22 Kentucky tangles with Florida at 7 p.m.
The 17-12 Gators are in need of a win to keep any NCAA Tournament hopes alive. ESPN bracketologist Joe Lunardi currently has Mike White’s team as one of the “last four in” and in a First Four game against Oregon State as the No. 11 seed in the South Regional.
Despite Kentucky’s 74-62 loss at Vanderbilt on Saturday, Lunardi moved the Cats up from a No. 4 seed to a No. 3 seed in the Midwest Region. UK is one of five SEC teams -- with Florida, Texas A&M, South Carolina and Vanderbilt -- in the field of 68.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Lexington Herald-Leader
Louisville plays its final home game of the 2015-16 season on Tuesday night as Georgia Tech comes to the Yum Center for an 8 p.m. tipoff. Is it the final home game for U of L head coach Rick Pitino? WKYT-DT2 is showing a replay of the game, starting at 10 p.m.
No. 3 Villanova hosts DePaul at 7 p.m. on Fox Sports 1. The visiting Blue Demons are just 9-19 overall and 3-13 in the Big East. After losing to Xavier last week, Villanova beat Marquette on Saturday but dropped out of the No. 1 ranking.
In other games, No. 4 Virginia is at Clemson at 7 p.m. on ESPNU. The Cavaliers are 22-6 overall and 11-5 in the ACC after beating North Carolina 79-74 on Saturday.
After losing to Texas over the weekend, No. 6 Oklahoma returns home to face No. 19 Baylor at 8 p.m. on ESPN2. Both teams are 10-6 in Big 12 play. Kansas has already clinched the Big 12 title outright, the 12th consecutive year that the Jayhawks have either won or shared the title.
As for the SEC, conference co-leader Texas A&M is at Auburn at 9 p.m. on ESPNU. The Aggies are deadlocked with Kentucky atop the conference standings at 11-5. Texas A&M has the tiebreaker thanks to that 79-77 overtime win over Kentucky on Feb. 20.
Tuesday, March 1
▪ 7:00 - Kentucky at Florida (ESPN)
▪ 7:00 - Tennessee at Vanderbilt (SEC)
▪ 7:00 - Virginia at Clemson (ESPNU)
▪ 7:00 - DePaul at Villanova (Fox Sports 1)
▪ 7:30 - Dayton at Richmond (CBS Sports)
▪ 8:00 - Baylor at Oklahoma (ESPN2)
▪ 8:00 - Purdue at Nebraska (Big 10)
▪ 9:00 - Missouri at LSU (SEC)
▪ 9:00 - Texas A&M at Auburn (ESPNU)
▪ 9:00 - Indiana at Iowa (ESPN)
▪ 9:00 - Georgetown at Marquette (Fox Sports 1)
▪ 9:30 - San Diego State at New Mexico State (CBS Sports)
▪ 10:00 - Georgia Tech at Louisville replay (WKYT-DT2)
How Top 25 fared Monday
- No. 1 Kansas beat Texas 86-56
- No. 8 North Carolina beat Syracuse 75-70
- No. 21 Iowa State beat Oklahoma State 58-50