The Lexington-Fayette County Health Department inspects about 1,500 food-service establishments twice each year. The scores include restaurants, schools, supermarkets and more.
Use this database to see which establishments passed inspection, or failed, since October 2013.
Most establishments are inspected twice a year; a few were inspected only once, others more often.
Note: Fill in as much information as you can to find a specific establishment. Click the establishment to see more details about that inspection.
Never miss a local story.
Source: Lexington-Fayette County Health Department web site.
* Denotes a critical violation
Violation code and description
* 1: SOURCE, RECORDS, CONDITION, SPOILAGE, ADULTERATED
2: Container, properly labeled
* 3: POTENTIALLY HAZARDOUS FOOD-SAFE TEMP.
4: Facilities to maintain product temp.
5: Thermometers provided and conspicuous
6: Potentially hazardous food properly thawed
* 7: POT. HAZARDOUS FOOD NOT RE-SERVED
8: Food Protection - storage, prep, display, service, transp.
9: Handling of food (ice) minimized. Dispensing utensils properly stored during use.
* 10: PERSONNEL WITH INFECTIONS RESTRICTED AND PROPER REPORTING
* 11: HANDS WASHED AND CLEAN,HYGIENIC PRACTICES PREVENTING CONTAMINATION FROM HANDS
12: Clean clothes, hair restraints
* 13: SUPERVISION:PERSON IN CHARGE PRESENT AND DEMONSTRATES KNOWLEDGE OF FOOD SAFETY PRINCIPLES
14: FOOD(ICE) CONTACT SURFACES DESIGNED, CONSTRUCTED, MAINTAINED, INSTALLED
15: Food/Non-food contact surfaces designed, constructed, maintained, installed
16: Dishwashing facilities, designed, constructed, maintained, installed, located, operated. Accurate therm., chem. test kits, gauge
* 17: SANITIZATION RINSE, TEMP., CONCE., EXP. TIME, EQUIP. UTENSILS, SANITIZED
18: Wiping cloths clean, use restricted
19: Food/Non-food contact surfaces of equip/utensils clean
20: Storage, handling of clean equipment/utensils/single service articles
* 21: WATER SOURCE, SAFE, HOT AND COLD
* 22: SEWAGE AND WASTE DISPOSAL.
23: Installed, maintained
* 24: CROSS-CONNECTION, BACK SIPHONAGE, BACKFLOW
* 25: NO., CONV., DESIGNED, INSTALLED
26: Toilet rooms enclosed, self-closing doors, fixtures, good repair, clean, tissue, hand cleansers, sanitary towels/hand-drying devices provided, proper waste receptacles
27: Containers or receptacles, covered, adequate number, insect/rodent proof, frequency, clean. Outside storage area enclosures properly constructed, clean, controlled incineration
* 28: INSECTS/RODENTS-NO BIRDS, TURTLES, OTHER ANIMALS
29: Outer openings protected
30: Floors constructed, drained, clean, good repair, covering installation, easily cleanable
31: Walls, ceiling, attached equipment constructed, good repair, clean surfaces, easily cleanable. Rooms and equipment vented as required
32: Lighting provided as required, fixtures shielded
* 33: TOXIC ITEMS PROPERLY STORED, LABELED, USED
34: Premises main, free of litter, misc. articles, cleaning/maint. equip. properly stored. Authorized personnel rooms clean, lockers provided, located, used
35: Separation from living/sleeping quarters. Laundry, clean or soiled linen properly stored
* 36: COMPLIANCE WITH VARIANCE,SPECIALIZED PROCESS, AND HACCP PLAN
* 37: PASTEURIZED FOODS USED; PROHIBITED FOODS NOT OFFERED
* 38: CONSUMER ADVISORY PROVIDED FOR RAW OR UNDERCOOKED FOOD