Keeneland announces festival with ‘A-list music’
More than 10,000 people will be entering Keeneland’s grounds both Saturday and Sunday for the inaugural Railbird Festival.
Festival-goers are expected to be traveling to Railbird from 49 states and several different countries.
The festival is headlined by The Racounteurs, Hozier, Brandi Carlile and Tyler Childers. Railbird will feature three music stages and patrons will be able to enjoy plenty of local food and drinks from award-winning chefs.
Here’s everything you need to know about Railbird:
What you can bring to Railbird
▪ Non-aerosol sun block
▪ Point-and-shoot cameras
▪ All bags under 14 by 11 inches. Backpacks may have two pockets and hydration packs may have two pockets, not including the hydration bladder.
▪ Small hydration packs with an empty bladder
▪ One empty water bottle and one sealed water bottle. Free, filtered water will be provided via hydration stations.
▪ Selfie sticks, as long as they do not expand longer than 40 inches in length and are made of a light material
What you can’t bring to Railbird
▪ Large backpacks, purses or any bag more than 14 by 11 inches in size
▪ Food and drink, including alcohol
▪ Coolers and picnic baskets
▪ Lawn/camping chairs with metal pieces or plastic structures. ADA seating will be available.
▪ Lasers and glow sticks
▪ Inappropriate headdresses
▪ Silly string, confetti and spray paint
▪ Pets (service dogs are permitted)
▪ Glass containers and metal aerosol cans
▪ Scooters or personal motorized vehicles
▪ Detachable lens cameras
▪ Recording devices
▪ Vendors: The Truly Cabana, Ranada’s Bistro, Hippie Dips, Pizza Nova, Corndog Inc., Old Kentucky Kettle Corn, Valumarket, Sugarlands Distilling Co., Windy Corner Market, Nathan’s Taqueria, Efe’s Greek Food, Flaming Wok, Dunn’s BBQ, Dipsie’s Mini Doughnuts, Keeneland
▪ Food trucks: Salsarita’s, Pasta Garage, La Chandeleur, Tin Can Roaster, Rolling Oven, Hot Buns, Lil Cheezers, Sav’s Chill
▪ Drink: Budweiser Beer Garden, Don Julio Tequila Hideaway, West Sixth Brewing
How does parking at Railbird work?
If you are purchasing parking on site, which is $20 per day, you will enter through Keeneland’s Gate 1 off Versailles Road. Those who purchased advanced parking will park through Gate 4.
Gates into the festival will open at 12 p.m. each day.
Railbird will also have a ride-share drop off and pickup location, which can be accessed through Gate 1 or 2.
How is the weather looking?
Railbird will go on rain or shine, but weather may not be an issue at Keeneland this weekend.
According to the National Weather Service in Louisville, dry weather can be expected with temperatures reaching highs in the mid to upper 80s. There will be plenty of sunshine Saturday and a few clouds Sunday.
A chance for storms is slim, but a weather plan is in place to keep festival patrons safe. A festival spokesperson could not specify the details of the plan.
What else do you need to know?
▪ Tickets are still available for $160 + fees for a two-day pass. They can be purchased on Railbird’s website.
▪ Daily tickets can be purchased on Railbird’s website for $90 + fees.
▪ Keeneland will also offer patrons the chance to tour its facilities and watch a morning workout.
▪ Wristband registration is required for all weekend passes and daily VIP tickets. Patrons will also have the option to sign up for cashless payment, allowing easy and convenient cashless payments throughout the weekend.
▪ Railbird will provide updates on the schedule and setup on their Twitter @RailbirdFest
The Railbird Festival lineup
Saturday, Aug. 10:
▪ The Racounteurs
▪ Brandi Carlile
▪ Old Crow Medicine Show
▪ Mandolin Orange
▪ Mavis Staples
▪ Robert Earl Keen
▪ Grace Vanderwaal
▪ Ruston Kelly
▪ Billy Strings
▪ Low Cut Connie
▪ The Dip
▪ Devon Gilfillian
▪ Lillie Mae
▪ Lucie Silvas
▪ Justin Wells
▪ Ian Noe
▪ Joslyn & The Sweet Compression
Sunday, Aug. 11:
▪ Tyler Childers
▪ Gary Clark Jr.
▪ St. Paul and the Broken Bones
▪ Lucinda Williams
▪ I’m With Her
▪ Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors
▪ Jade Bird
▪ Blackfoot Gypsies
▪ The Wooks
▪ Fruit Bats
▪ Johnny Conqueroo
▪ Kelsey Waldon