Links from SEC Football Media Days:
▪ Tyler Horka of the Clarion-Ledger ranks the SEC football coaches by how secure they are in their jobs.
▪ SEC football scheduling should evolve, says Dan Wolken of USA Today.
▪ Georgia is the smart pick to win the SEC if Kirby Smart can overcome ghosts, says Joseph Goodman of AL.com.
▪ Jake Fromm is Georgia’s peerless leader, writes Mark Bradley of the AJC.
▪ Georgia tries to climb the mountain again, writes Scott Rabalais of The Advocate.
▪ A pair of Georgia freshmen earn positive reviews, reports Brandon Sudge of the Macon Telegraph.
▪ Texas A&M’s Kellen Mond says he’s the best quarterback in the SEC, reports CBS Sports.
▪ Peyton Manning likes Tennessee’s quarterback, so why don’t you? Asks Joe Rexrode of the Tennessean.
▪ Jay Greeson of the Chattanooga Times Free Press liked what he heard from Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt.
▪ Ole Miss knows Missouri’s NCAA blues, writes Dave Matter of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
▪ Missouri cornerback found leadership role after being blamed for loss to Kentucky, reports Kansas City Star.
▪ Steve Spurrier gave his thoughts at SEC Football Media Days, reports Ben Breiner of The State.
SEC football standings 2018
- Georgia 7-1/11-3
- Kentucky 5-3/10-3
- Florida 5-3/10-3
- South Carolina 4-4/7-6
- Missouri 4-4/8-5
- Vanderbilt 3-5/6-7
- Tennessee 2-6/5-7
- Alabama 8-0/14-1
- Texas A&M 5-3/9-4
- LSU 5-3/10-3
- Miss State 4-4/8-5
- Auburn 3-5/8-5
- Ole Miss 1-7/5-7
- Arkansas 0-8/2-10